12.4.08

Extract from "Pot Pourri" #2

Mummy have big tummy. Daddy have big smile. We go to see the man who put jelly on mummy's tummy. There is a TV but no Bugs Bunny, no Winnie the Pooh. The TV is black and white and it look like clouds moving. Clouds moving slow. Daddy say it's sister. That mean another one of me, but like Mummy, not like Daddy. The man with the jelly have no big smile. He does not like the TV. He say something. Mummy and Daddy have no big smile now. The clouds is not happy in the TV.
Back home. Playing in my room with clown and Bunbury bear. Daddy say sister sick. But not sick like when my nose sticky. Very more sick than that. Mummy cry. Daddy cry. Me cry.

Mummy have big, big, big tummy. Daddy have smile. We in Ireland. Me stay with Granny and Grampa. Mummy and Daddy go to get sister. She in Mummy's tummy. Big, big, big. Me play Lego on floor. Floor blue like sea, with black shapes like clouds. Nice black clouds.

Mummy and Daddy come back but not sister. She not in Mummy's tummy. She come out but not come home. She go to Jesus. I play with Lego. White bricks and red bricks. I make Lego house. Lego house on black cloud on floor. Why she go to Jesus? She go to play with Jesus? I want to play with sister. I want to play with Jesus. But Jesus never come to play Lego.

Daddy angry at clouds. He not look up at clouds. He not speak to clouds.

2 comments:

  1. This just made me cry a little... =(
    It's a very moving poem...
    But I love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, haven't checked your blog in a while. You've been busy!

    I'm probably a philistine but I enjoy your writing!

    ReplyDelete