3.8.07

Mind Kaleidoscope

Another one from my high school years. I've loads from that era : haven't written much recent ones, to be honest.

The breadth of Time is running through my hair,
Guiding as so often an inward stare
To the feet of a floating ice image
Carved in the memories' latest vintage.

This contemplation on the Sea of Doubt
Often distillates all that lingers out,
Out, and into a colourless liquid,
Corroding all lesser things like acid.

The taste of rose petals in distant lands,
The strangely familiar touch of those hands
Fade away with the stars when comes the day
But feed the Dreamer to make him the prey.

The taste of rose petals in distant lands,
The strangely familiar touch of those hands
Fade away with the stars when comes the prey
But feed tthe Dreamer to make him the prey.

This longing for the rest alongside her eyes,
This craving for this heart-strangling's demise,
Is amplified to torture by distance,
The only real disrupting insistence.

Just like a spider are false notes spinning
And each one of my fibres is ringing.
Lost in her, set in me, like a brick wall,
I'm swimming up a reversed waterfall.

Grey cannot define this peculiar state ;
The colours are there, but they alienate ;
A kaleidoscope of dancing feelings
They breed then die and at last sprout wings.

Turning to the West I manage to smile,
'Cause I'll be cruising East in a short while;
Hopefully when we leave from Babylon,
Princess will be with me singing along

And then will sound the true rythm of Time;
Feelings as actors will speak and not mime;
Meanwhile drink a refreshing sip of Hope,
Homogenize the Mind Kaleidoscope.

Tim, June 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment