23.9.07

Far is Close

Not a great one, but I thought I'd post it anyway... I have no idea who it was for - if it was in fact intended for anyone in particular.

Lying on the grass, staring at the stars
Dreaming and smiling, staying there for hours
Wondering if for you the sun has set
If the weather's bright, or if it is wet

Thinking of your face, thinking of your smile
Grinning to myself, every little while
Thinking of your laugh, thinking of your eyes
"Out of sigh out of mind"? A heap of lies!

Though my smiles are never wry
I have been left high and dry
Not by you, it's not your crime
But by distance, space and time

Ignoring the future, forgetting the past
Quickly goes the Present, minutes don't last
Do you know where you're going with this life
Gold may be shiny, but so is a knife.

How will it end? Has it even started?
From you I can not ever be parted
Maybe the distance between us is wide
But don't worry, you'll always be inside

I miss you, do you miss me?
One day, my friend, we will be
Alongside many others
We're all sisters and brothers...

Tim, 2003 (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment