23.9.07

Requiem #1

The lack of words that come to my mind is appalling
As if my brain was a huge furnace burning
Burning, melting, melding concepts, ideas and thoughts
Into a cast-iron skeleton of emptiness
A void as cold, as winter gale on naked skin
Reaching, stretching deep and far within
Yet what I have I have, what I've got I've got
Far behind is the barkless tree's loneliness

My Soul is rocked to life's bitter-sweet lullaby
Up and down, to and fro, wet and dry
It is seemingly inexorable to slip off the deck
And sink into the dark blue ocean of gloom
I never get a firm enough grip around the mast
Nor do the clear blue heavens seem to last
Yet when I think I am destined to shipwreck
A Hand always saves me from eternal doom

The Giver of Life has showered me with gold
More than I deserve, more than I can hold
Yet my ungrateful discontented human nature
Leaves me high and dry, wretched and naked
And sucks me down a whirlpool of ego
Wave after wave; and then away I go
Rejoicing in my own selfish rapture
Taking all and everything for granted

Tonight teach me your favourite dance
Let me skip in a demented trance
Around your totem and around the clock
Pray accept the incense that you are due
For I've seen you dance the dance of love
And I've heard you sing sounds from Above
That ensnare and caress and embrace and shock
Forever, Supreme Lover, keep me close to you

Tim, 07/12/04 - (recovered, continued and finished 19/01/06)

No comments:

Post a Comment